Re: Zip/Unzip - the Minimalist Version for EPUB

On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 14:13 -0700, Alex Miłowski wrote:
> Here's a minimalist version that can address the needs of EPUB
[...]
> Use cases:
>
> 1. Creating an EPUB file:

>            <c:archive href="book.epub" base="book">
>                 <c:entry path="mimetype" compressed="false"/>
>                 <c:entry path="META-INF" directory="true"/>
>                 <c:entry path="content" directory="true"/>
>            </c:archive>

How does this ensure that the files do not have any extended file
attributes (the -X option is needed on Linux at least)?

The spec will need to mention explicitly that the order is significant
(ince EPUB3 requires mimetype and META-INF to come first in the zip
archive, as implied b your example).

Compression should probably allow a level (0..9) as well as true|false.

Some people use a copy of zip archive that already has "mimetype" inside
it, and the update (-u) option to add other files, to make an EPUB3
file. But that probably goes beyond the minimum needed.

Otherwise looks good to me. People who need more complex functionality
will have to continue doing what they were doing before (e.g. I write
out a shell script using XSLT...).

Liam