Re: Revisiting "fixing parameters"

James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com> writes:
> I remember dimly of us conversing to retain the p:with-param (versus
> lets say overloading p:with-option) but any chance of re-summarizing
> … its probably related to something to do with the step signature but
> as we have parameter="true" on p:option was wondering if there is a
> further opportunity to simplify things.

I think we decided to retain with-param so that this would still be OK:

We could do away with with-param, but then you'd have to write

                                                 'output-format':='pdf'}"/>

which seems rather burdensome. There are some subtleties related to
mixing the two forms, and I don't recall exactly how we resolved
those, or if we got down to that level of detail.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh