RE: XProc Minutes 3 Feb 2011

[mailto:public-xml-
> processing-model-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Henry S. Thompson
> Sent: Thursday, 2011 February 03 16:24
> To: Norman Walsh
> Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
> Subject: Re: XProc Minutes 3 Feb 2011

> Norman Walsh writes:
>
> > See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/03-minutes
> > . . .
> >    Henry: Does any one know if the widely used processors support
the
> >    namespace attributes property?
> >
> >    Norm: The Java processors based on JAXP don't.
> >
> >    Henry: Some of the Python one's do. Whether they should or not is
> an
> >    another question.
>
> This got a bit garbled.  What I asked was: do commonly-used processors
> report "xmlns:...=..." as [attributes] or [namespace attributes].  you
> said you thought the Java ones did.  I said I thought the Python XML
> api didn't.

Still ambiguous.  Did/didn't what?

Java ones do report them as [attributes], Python doesn't report
them as [attributes] but reports them as [namespace attributes]?

Or the other way around?

Or Java ones do report them as [attributes] or [namespace attributes]
but Python doesn't report them as either?

paul