Re: Possible new XProc 1.1 step: p:template

"Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
>     <c:request method="GET" href="{@uri}">
>      <c:header name="Accept" value="application/rdf+xml"/>
>     </c:request>
>
> That would do for expermentation purposes.

Except that the spec says of p:inline:

   Inline documents are considered “quoted”. The pipeline processor
   passes them literally to the port, even if they contain elements
   from the XProc namespace or other namespaces that would have other
   semantics outside of the p:inline.

Hence my suggestion with the ugly name p:interpolated-inline.

> I should have made clear that I assume that the context node for
> evaluation of XPath expressions within curly braces is the node
> matched by the 'match' option.
>
> A further step at the level of the whole language would be to
> interpret
>
>   <[step name] . . .>
>    <[some elt] . . .>
>     . . .
>    </[some elt]>
>   </[step name]>
>
> as shorthand for
>
>   <[step name] . . .>
>      <[some elt] . . .>
>       . . .
>      </[some elt]>
>   </[step name]>

We could, though that seems to invite all sorts of confusion.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is not failure of others to