Re: Excluding prefix on p:inline (was Re: XProc Minutes 31 Jan 2008)

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
> | Although we could punt to extension steps that others write,
> | namespaces cause such problems generally, I think we should make
> | namespace handling as straight-forward as possible.
>
> Could we punt to XML 1.1? You can just undeclare them in XML 1.1.

I'd be happy with that, if we're reasonably certain that there are
sufficient XML 1.1 parsers around nowadays that it won't prove a problem
for implementations to require it.

I don't have a good enough impression of the current XML parser market
to know whether we can assume that or not.

It would be good to include a note or something to illustrate to people
how to do this (including the necessary XML declaration) as it's
non-obvious.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison