Re: <input> for <pipeline>

> By way of an attempt to justify allowing default bindings for p:input
> on p:pipeline, consider this pipeline:
> [...]
> This seems like useful behavior to me.

Yes! Definitely.

When using XPL, we often have components or pipelines that take some
kind of "configuration", and this configuration is provided as an XML
document. Since we have options in XProc, I expect that in many cases,
we'll start using options instead of XML document. But when the
configuration is more complex, it will still make sense to provide it
as an XML document. And for those cases it makes sense for the
pipeline to provide a default value for that "configuration".

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/