Re: xpath-version=2 and XSLTMatchPatterns

First quick thoughts for boostrap...

Yeh, I crossed this one on my road, but didn't stop on...may be I should have...

First in the current spec
XProc [[
XPathExpression, XSLTMatchPattern: As a string per [W3C XML Schema:
Part 2], including whitespace normalization, and the further
requirement to be a conformant Expression per [XPath 1.0] or [XPath
2.0], as appropriate, or Match pattern per [XSLT 1.0], respectively
]]

So we overlooked the XSLT 2.0 Pattern everywhere in the document

We should mention somewhere anyway what is the dynamic and static
context for this Pattern evaluation (since reference to function are
possible and reference to variable are possible in XSLT 2.0 Pattern
and namespace context etc..)

We should also mention what rule we follow? May be we should follow
XSLT 2.0 rules :

XSLT 2.0 [[
5.5.4 Errors in Patterns

Any dynamic error or type error that occurs during the evaluation of a
pattern against a particular node is treated as a recoverable error
even if the error would not be recoverable under other circumstances.
The optional recovery action is to treat the pattern as not matching
that node.
]]

Mohamed