Re: Remarks on W3C Editor's Draft 6 August 2007

On 8/13/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:

> > > It seems this issue was already raised and solved
> > >
> > > The problem is that everywhere we have an option which need to have a
> > > boolean value, it's just a pain to make it work with yes/no
> > > So yes/no and adding true/false seems just good to me
> >
> > I was not suggesting we add "true/false" to option values.  Only asking
> > what the value of the c:result element should be for p:equals.  If we wanted
> > to be totally consistent, we'd use the literals "yes" and "no".
>
> Sorry, I misunderstand
> I would say that to be fully consistent with XPath, the answer should
> "true" or "false"

While I agree with you on that, we choose to be inconsistent with
XPath for boolean option values.  This would be the only place
where booleans have the values "true" and "false".

I'd rather that boolean values be consistent with the xsd:boolean
simple type but I seem to have lost out to those that prefer being
consistent with XSLT's use of "yes" and "no".

Our use of "yes" and "no" as literal value will prevent us from
ever typing boolean options as xs:boolean in some future version
of XProc.  That is, unless XML Schema allows different enumerated
values for booleans--but don't hold your breath for an XML Schema
2.0 because 1.1 took a very long time and it still isn't a recommendation.