Re: Remarks on W3C Editor's Draft 6 August 2007

On 8/8/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> s/A.2.1 Add Attributes/A.2.1 Add Attribute/
>
> Please specify also the XPath Context for the match option
>
> == boolean ==
>
> Please fix the inconsistencies between yes/true/no/false everywhere
> and and clarify this position for p:equal (which currently generates
> 0/1)

All options that are booleans use 'yes' and 'no'.  Only XPath expression
evaluations use 'true' and 'false' as logical values.

p:equal does need to be clarified as to what is in the c:result
element.

"yes" and "no" or "true" or "false" ?

Opinions anyone?

> == Http request ==
> Was it the consensus to remove all the options ?

No.  It is missing the serialization options.  I just fixed that.

> In A.2.11 Insert
>
> The declaration of the step and the text seems to contradict on the
> fact to have a default value for "position"

Fixed as specified in the last e-mail.

> In A.2.14 Make Absolute URIs
>
> Please precise what happen if the string to absolutize is not a valid URI

Right now we say:

"If the initial URI is not valid, or if the document has no base URI,
the results are implementation dependent"

We could fail as there is a correct answer for generic URI values.