> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | On 8/1/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> |> / "Innovimax SARL" <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> |> |

> |> Ah, ok.

> |> |

> |> And why not just iterate over the first sequence, using the
> |> p:iteration-count to exract the right element out of the other
> |> sequence?
> |
> | It is not efficient at all !!
>
> I never said it was.
>
> |> Is this really a common use case?
> |
> | Well, equal-sequence is the most obvious one
>
> Do you know of any actual use cases where you need to compare two
> sequences of documents?

> For comparing two sequences of documents, you could simply wrap each
> sequence in a "wrapper" and compare the two "wrapper" documents.

Good point, but I need to point which one is different, and I won't be
able to do it your way
Furthermore it will fail if the the first is different and never tells
me the rest are identical

> | The other one is when you have two flows of left pages and right pages
> | and what to merge them
>
> Do you know of any XML process that produces independent sequences of
> left and right pages?

Yep, bilingual books
I must admit that there is some syncho between both but for fast
snapshot you use some rough approximation
(The weird part are the foot notes)

> | More generally when you need to manipulate multiple flows you will use
> | something like this
>
> Indeed. I just don't know of any processes that produce such flows.
> I'm not saying that it couldn't be done, I just wonder if it's common
> enough to justify a standard specialty component.

In fact, this component would be perfectly symetric to how

will work, but instead of consuming, the full seq1 first, then the
full seq2, you will be able to consume them in parallel

Mohamed