Re: Implementing viewport

> The problem is that there are off-the-shelf libraries for evaluating
> XPath select expressions, but not AFAICT, for evaluating match
> expressions.
>
> So the implementation burden of viewport seems much higher than the
> other components.

I am in favor of revisiting the decision we made, for the following reasons:

* Ease of implementation, as mentioned by Norm.
* Ease of use for the pipeline author: people are IMHO more familiar
with XPath expressions than match expressions.
* Using XPath expression does not prevent pipeline authors from doing
anything they can do now with match expressions.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/