Re: Steps with non-connected outputs

On 4/12/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> In my model, we have the following time sequence for the lifetime of
> a step:
>
> [...]

Yes, the model I have in mind is indeed very similar.

> I've been thinking we need to describe the step's view of the time
> sequence of processing.  This clarifies for me that we need to do that.

The drawback will reside in the difficulty of coming up with a
description for the sequence of operations to be performed by the
pipeline engine that at the same time is precise and permits a wide
enough range of implementations (1 thread per step, push-based
approach, pull-based approach, ...).

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/