Re: Variables and parameters

Norman Walsh wrote:
> Maybe, but that's not obvious to me. I had in mind that for-each would
> bind an input to the first document in its input sequence and run the
> steps it contains with that input. Then it would bind the input to the
> second document in its input sequence and run the steps again. I didn't
> expect to have XPath expressions referring directly to the current
> input document inside for-each any more than elsewhere in the
> pipeline.
>
> I had in mind something like this:

I've got something bugging my head on p:for-each. How to handle naming
the outputs from pipelines which have for-each on them? Things such as
accessing chapter-1.xml..chapter-n.xml in the pipeline. Should we care
about them? If so, we'd define it through regexp-alike expressions? If
not, then it's an implementation/environment thing? I'd go for having
something in the spec, like:

And in the environment we could just override it (if needed) with
something like:

~# xproc mypipe.xml -Ichapter="chap{*}.xml"

Cheers,
Rui