Re: Hierarchical Steps

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
> | Obviously, with multiple inputs and outputs, this becomes more
> | complicated.
>
> But it's all syntactic sugar, yes? You could, in principle, "unwrap"
> all that nesting and build a more complex looking pipeline that did
> the same thing, right?

Right.

> | ...but if done well, this could be very, very useful.
>
> But are there any use cases in our requirements document that require
> this level of complexity in V1.0?

I think there are cases where the resulting for the user will be easier
if we allow some kind of nesting.  For the implementer, it is more
work but I think it isn't an unreasonable amount of work.

We need to get further along to determine this.  I just wanted to
register this as something we should consider at the appropriate time.