Re: Syntax noodling

> I agree completely. On the telcons, we've been refering to them as
> stdin and stdout because (a) many of us have a *nix background and (b)
> it does avoid phrases like "I think the input input should..." ;-)
>
> When it comes time to give them real names, I think "input" and "output"
> are a lot more friendly.

Norm/Jeni,

Maybe another way to look at it is that components can have 0 to n
*named* inputs, 0 to n *named* outputs, an optional *anonymous* input,
and an optional *anonymous* output. Those optional input/output would
really be anonymous. <p:input ref="..."/> would not be shortcut for
for <p:input name="stdin" ref="..."/> or <p:input name="input"

Alex
--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/