Re: p:pipeline

> A pipeline looks like this:
>
>   pipeline := ($name?, input*, output*, {body}+)

Hi Norm,

If a name is present on the pipeline, how would it be used? To call
the pipeline from another pipeline? This could be done by URI instead.
How are pipeline discovered? Is this dependent on the implementation?

As a proxy, we can look at XSLT, which allows stylesheets to
import/include other stylesheets, without introducing the concept of
named stylesheet.

At this point, it looks to me like having the ability to name
pipelines does not buy us much, it adds some complexity to the
language, and potentially introduces a pipeline engine-specific
feature.

Other than the name, I like everything I see in you proposal for a p:pipeline.

Alex
--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/