Re: Spec progress

Norm,

A lot of good points in the document ....and a lot of points which raise
some questions, but I keep them for telcon

So for the moment, few remarks

==  Small typos ==
3.5 in Note : gaurantee and avialable
4.1 : statisified
4.2.1 (two occurences) : <p:input port="document"
source="****chose***-result!document"/>, did you say error-prone ;-)
4.2.2 : It is a *static
error<http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html#dt-static-error>
* ***two***

5.2 : propogates

== Group ==
I was surprised to see that p:group is not in the list of core language
constructs

== Before, Ancestor, and al. ==
4.1.1 "Specified by source"
<<an output port of some other step>> : Is it a will to let this sentense so
vague ?
Couldn't is better be <<an output port of some *before* step>>.
You use later in the same paragraph <<ancestor steps>> which is most
ambiguous.

4.2.2
<<If a *by source<http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/ED-xproc-20060821/#dt-input-source>
* binding is used, the port selected must be an output port on an step which
is not a descendant of the step on which the p:declare-input appears or it
must be a port declared with p:declare-output on some ancestor of the step>>
You say "not a descendant"....so a step which appear later in the document
is ok ?
Again "on some ancestor" troubles me, because steps are siblings...

Mohamed