Re: Spec progress

At 03:32 PM 8/18/2006 +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:
>[lots of good comments elided...]
>
>A last general comment: I can understand why you've separated the language
>constructs from the syntax for those language constructs, but I think it
>would be easier to understand what's intended if they weren't separated.
>In my view, the syntax specifications (and examples) help to explain the
>abstract notions. If you were thinking of reorganising anyway, take this
>as a nudge to do so.
Please consider this a nudge in favor of the status quo. I particularly
appreciate the
fact that the abstract notions are understandable and discussable without
having
to refer to syntax. I also appreciate reading the how-to (read: syntax)
without
being distracted by the abstract notions.

Your mileage may vary.