Re: Naming ports vs. naming documents

On 4/28/06, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> I think if we make a tedious language, we will not be successful.  While
> we should plan for GUIs, simple things need to be simple.  We don't want
> to repeat a concrete syntax that everyone seems to dislike or hate (e.g.
> XML Schema).

We discussed this briefly in the list March [1] and some of us arrived
at the conclusion that implicit inputs and outputs may not be a good
idea. In particular since we have components with no input and/or no
output, having implicit inputs/outputs makes it impossible without
knowing the components interface to see when steps are connected or if
they are correctly connected.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2006Mar/0026.html

Alex
--