Re: Test p:import #006

Norman Walsh writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> Do you really expect this test
>
>   http://tests.xproc.org/tests/required/import-006.xml
>
> to succeed?

Yes, absolutely.

> Our spec says:
>
>   If a pipeline or library author uses two different URI values that
>   resolve to the same resource, they must not be considered the same
>   imported library.

Whoa!  That contradicts

  In the absence of additional information outside the scope of this
  specification within the resource, the base URI of the library is
  always the URI of the actual resource returned. In other words, it
  is the URI of the resource retrieved after all redirection has
  occurred.

plus

  If the actual base URI is the same as one that has already been
  processed, the implementation must recognize it as the same library
  and should not need to process the resource.

!

Indeed the whole paragraph from which _your_ quote is drawn appears to
me to be self-contradictory:

  A library is considered the same library if the URI of the resource
  retrieved is the same. If a pipeline or library author uses two
  different URI values that resolve to the same resource, they must
  not be considered the same imported library.

I think that 'not' is just wrong!

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team