[closed] Re: XQuery 1.0

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
> Our XQuery step claims to support explicitly XQuery 1.0. I propose
> that we relax that and give processors the freedom to support both 1.0
> and any future version of XQuery.

Per the decision at the 30 Apr telcon, I have added this paragraph to
Section 4 of the spec:

<para>Several of the steps defined in this specification refer to other,
evolving XML technologies (XSLT, XQuery, XSL-FO, etc.). Where this specification
identifies a specific version of a technology, implementors <rfc2119>must</rfc2119>
implement the specified version or any subsequent edition or version that
is backwards compatible. At user option, they may support other, incompatible
versions or extensions.</para>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--