[closed] Re: On usefulness of p:www-form-urlencode

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

> Sorry that I bring up this issue again, but: what if
> p:www-form-urlencode, p:uuid, p:hash just returned a simple c:result
> document (containing the serialized parameters, or uuid, or hash)
> instead of behaving as p:string-replace? In my opinion, this would give
> us much more flexibility, because you could then do things like
> assigning the content of c:result to a variable which you could then,
> for instance, refer to in the "replacement" option in p:string-string
> replace. It would also seem cleaner to me.

Per the 11 Dec telcon, that might have been better, but we aren't
going back to Last Call to fix it. The proposed change and the status
quo are equally powerful, it's a question of aesthetics.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | One should always be a little