Re: more p:output thoughts

> / James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | 5.5 p:output Element
> |
> | p:output can contain a p:document which in turn is defined as 'A
> | p:document reads an XML document from a URI.'....is this an oversight
> | of some sort? Is there any related error condition for this type of
> | scenario?
>
> The construction

> causes the content of someURI to appear on the output port "foo". I
> expect it to be very, very uncommon. Used mostly, if ever, in p:catch
> steps to produce constant error output.

yes, but from a users point I would argue that expected behavior from
such a construction would be 'save the output to anyURI'....willing to
bet a pint that this will become a very common FAQ indeed.

> | 3.3 Associating Documents with Ports
> |
> | All the examples in this section are using p:input, might be useful to
> | add p:output where appropriate
>
> If I can think of a good example...

nor can I but it might be an opportunity to clarify behavior....I know
that specs are used by implementators...but being clear in the text
here will benefit users as well.

> | Clarification on URI bindings with p:output
> |
> | What happens when a p:output is defined with a http:// URL...I assume
>
> That doesn't occur.

yes, but may want to align p:journal with the following text from p:store

'The step attempts to store the XML document to the specified URI. If
that URI scheme is not supported or such storage is not allowed, the
step fails.'

cheers, Jim