Re: micro operations versus xupdate and xquery update extensions

> / James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | I am interested in the thinking behind XProc defined micro operations
> | e.g. especially as it pertains to  overlap with  the use of well
> | established (though not necc widely adopted) standards like Xupdate
> | and XQuery update extensions.
> |
> | My preference would be to simplify things and not have micro
> | operations if at all possible.
>
> Unlike Xupdate and XQuery update facilities, the micro operations
> don't update anything, they are really simple, streaming
> transformations.
>
> Does that help clarify things?

yes it does, just trying to map the meme....

so this is akin to a filter?

I can see the benefit of applying pre and post filters to xml
documents wherever they are defined and generated.

will think a bit more about this before responding in full.

cheers, Jim Fuller