Re: integration testing of xml:ID

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 15:22 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> was heard to say:
> | Hmm... it seems pretty important to keep "C Impacts on Other Standards"
> | around until xml:id has been implemented in those other places.
> |
> | It's not clear to me whether you plan to keep it or not.
> |
> | If it stays in, I'm satisfied.
> |
> | If not, I need to think it over.
>
> The plan is to remove it, so please consider if that's acceptable based
> on the current evidence of interoperability.

OK, I took a look at the implementation report, and I see

"The libxml2 library has had support for xml:id since version 2.6.9
released Apr 18 2004. The support is switched on by default, and xml:id
attributes when not in error are handled like DTD ID attributes. As a
result they are available as ID for libxml2 XPath, XPointer
implementation, as well as for XSLT, XML DSig and other tools or
languages based on the libxml2 library since then."
 -- http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/xml-id-implementation.html

I guess that's good enough for me.

Chris, I think you expressed some sympathy for my comment. Be advised
I'm now satisfied. If you're not satisfied by the WG's response, i.e.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-id/2005Jun/0011.html

then you'll need to send your own comment. Dom, if you have any
related concerns, that goes for you too.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E