Re: Change namespace of xml:id

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:41:39 +0100
To: public-xml-id@w3.org

Le mardi 08 février 2005 à 10:27 -0500, Norman Walsh a écrit :

> I can see the arguments in favor of xmlid, but I still prefer xml:id.

A benefit of using xml:id is that after having updated the schema that
defines the XML namespace to specify that xml:id has a type xs:ID, any
application that relies on this schema would support xml:id without
requiring any update.

I don't know how many software do behave that way, but this seems like a
worthy benefit!

Eric
--
Freelance consulting and training.