Re: Multiple ID attributes on a single element

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:41:32 +0100
To: veillard@redhat.com
CC: public-xml-id@w3.org

>> Although I am too late for last call comments I was wondering if
>> the WG could clarify which ID attribute should get presedence when
>> multiple are applied to a single element.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "presedence" there ?

# <p xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="foo" xml:id="bar"/>

Which ID attribute is considered to be the ID attribute of the element?
(What is the value of the ID attribute of this element when I request
it.) Or can a well-formed XML document have multiple ID attributes per
element albeit invalid XML?

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>