Re: Test Suite catalog

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:35:59 -0500
To: public-xml-id@w3.org

On further thought, my proposed test catalog format may not be quite
expressive enough. It only says which IDs were reported. It doesn't say
which elements they were attached to. Possibilities:

1. The output format could also include the name of the element. Simple,
and doesn't require any modification to the test documents; but does not
account for the cases of multiple elements with the same name.

2. We give each element in the test suite that has an ID type attribute
an extraID attribute (of non-ID type) whose purpose is simply to be a
reference for reporting in the test suite. When a processor reports the
ID type attribute it found, it would also report the extraID of the
element on which it found it.

Thoughts? Preferences?