Re: tag name state

On 08/03/2012 02:42, David Lee wrote:
> Q: when you talk about "browser use case" are you talking about
> requiring the browsers code to change ?

the most useful way for any of this to work in browsers would require
code change. You could implement an xml-er parser in JS but that doesn't
really address the main issue which is browsers navigating to
application/xml or application/xhtml+xml pages which are not well formed
and wanting to do something more friendly than a "yellow screen of
death". Thus it has to hook into (in place of) the current xml parse.
If xml-er is only usable in the browser via a javacript api called from
an html page then it's a lot less useful.

 > or is this something that can
> be implemented in JavaScript or as an addoon. Why I ask is that if
> the browsers need to change I'm pretty certain this is a dead end
> without browser vendors being involved in this discussion.

Well they are watching, I'm sure and Anne works for Opera, but you can't
expect them to say at this stage whether they would do anything.

 > But if its
> something that can plugin to existing browsers then we don't need
> them :)

David