Re: tag name state

On 03/03/2012 03:04, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> Therefore, if we can show in the XML-ER specification what the
> equivalent well formed XML text is that corresponds to (the fixup of)
> each non-wellformed input,

> This seems to me conceptually simpler and also more robust that
> picking a favorite among DOM, Infoset and XML DM. The XML
> Recommendation doesn't directly deal in any of these.

But it also implies that (as in the suggestion at the start of this
thread) that we need to change from the current draft proposal and
ensure that the element/attribute names match those in (some version of)
the XML or XML Namespace REC.

I think if we can decide that there is a requirement that the output
from xml-er is (or corresonds to) well formed xml, then decisions about
whether we express that using a data model or as a literal xml document
or both, will be a lot easier.

David