Re: Draft - Fixup or Full XML Parser

[ Oh, look, it's norm, he's back from a four month hiatus. ]

David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com> writes:
> Norm, what's your opinion on the use case of using an ER parser as a
> front-end to an existing parser.
> To me that seems the simplest and most useful case. (although almost
> certainly not the most *efficient*).

I don't think it's a bad idea conceptually, but my guess is the ER parser
has to do the work at a tree/structure level anyway. But there's no reason
it couldn't be implemented so that it could output SAX events or a stream
of characters, I suppose.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--