Re: error recovery

Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> writes:
> processors in our browser, for instance. Or in other words, the code
> should be like this
>
>    parseXML(input)
>
> and not
>
>    if(!parseXML(input))
>      parseXMLER(input)

Yes, absolutely. All I meant was that I think we should be looking at
this as a parsing algorithm that does the right thing with WF XML and
also does the right thing with some inputs that aren't WF XML. That we
say, for example, that an unmatched close tag is ignored (if that's
what we say), doesn't mean that we have to assert this as correction
of some specific WF error. If that makes sense, which maybe it doesn't.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh