Re: ending work

From: Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 06:52:32 +0000
To: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liam@w3.org>
Cc: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 05:02:36PM -0400, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> We have two specifications that are at Candidate Recommendation and
> that should be republished as WG notes.
>
> One is XInclude 1.1 and the other is XML Fragments from 2001 or so.
>
> I volunteer to do the work for XML Fragments; Norm volunteered to do
> XInclude, so I think we'll soon be ready.

If you have trouble with the 2016 TR styling and xmlspec, you can
have a look at the modified xmlspec we use in the EXI WG
http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/docs/format/xmlspec.xsl
It also produces html5 output, but if you use non-compliant input
source, e.g. table styling with attributes instead of CSS, the output
won't be valid html and you'll have to fix it manually :(
[Pubrules don't require html5 before August 1st, so you may
keep xhtml and publish soon instead of fixing.]

(I should try to merge into xmlspec at
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/spec-prod/html/xmlspec.xsl
but I have not had time for that yet, if someone wants to
help, that'd be awesome)

--
Carine Bournez /// W3C Europe