Re: First attempt at the set-xml-id draft

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:05:45 -0600
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

On 2014-11-12 20:31, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's my first stab at implementing the proposals discussed today:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/08/xinclude-11/Overview.html
>
> With pointers to the relevant diffs. Share and enjoy.

Is there a good reason why it should be a fatal error
to specify set-xml-id when text processing is specified
instead of just saying it has no effect?

---

The first sentence of the last para of C.7 reads:

  Observe that the xml:id attribute on the included note
  element has been replaced by the copied attribute from
  the xi:include element.

We aren't really copying an attribute here, we are using
the set-xml-id attribute to set the xml:id attribute.  So
perhaps reword something like:

  Observe that the value of the xml:id attribute on the included note
  element has been replaced with the value of the set-xml-id attribute from
  the xi:include element.