From: Loren Cahlander [mailto:loren.cahlander@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 7:26 PM
To: core
Subject: XSD version question

Hello folks,

I am in a quandary.  I am trying to to see how to refer to the value of the version attribute in an XSD in an XML instance.

               targetNamespace="urn:person-schema” version=“5">

</schema>
The instance can have:

          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema/instance"

          xsi:schemaLocation="urn:person-schema

                              urn:person-schema/person-schema.xsd"

How is the version attribute from the XSD to be carried to the XML instance?  I cannot find anything out there.

Why don’t we have xsi:schemaVersion?

Thanks,

Loren

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.