Re: DRAFT response to Comment about documents with an "empty DTD"

On 27.1.2014 23:31, Paul Grosso wrote:
> If you have any thoughts or reservations, please comment.
>
> HTML5 is not XML, and it can make its own rules about how
> documents should be processed. Admittedly, if a tool is
> using an XML processor to process an HTML5 document, it
> should probably not use validation mode, but that is not
> something for the XML spec to address.

HTML5 has two serializations HTML and XML, so we might adjust this
paragraph to apply only to HTML serialization. We can add that for
XHTML5 it's up to the tool to choose validation/non-validation mode, but
again given that there is no DTD for XHTML5 it's not useful to use
validating mode.

    Jirka