that for sure).

I have edited my earlier email leaving those that
remain to be processed (and adding a couple new ones).

On 2013-09-18 13:17, Paul Grosso wrote:

> On 2013-09-18 10:59, Paul Grosso wrote:
>>

>>> 5.  XML Media types (3023bis)
>>>
>> The latest draft is at
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/
>>
>> Henry says that this draft needs positive feedback to proceed
>> to the next step.  Henry asks that the XML Core WG send an official
>> endorsement, perhaps with some minor suggestions.
>>
>> ACTION to Paul:  Review 3023-bis.
>

> I have reviewed it (again).  I have no substantive comments,
> but many editorial comments, given below.
>
> Henry, is this level of detail appropriate to send in to
> the IETF, or is this just something you, as editor, will
> handle?
>
> paul
>
> ======================

[Comment on new text]
Section 3.1, Encoding considerations, first (new) sentence.

There is a use of the word "may" that is not
capitalized.  I don't know if this is a 2119 use and
if so if it should be capitalized.

----

> Section 3.1, Interoperability considerations (page 7)
>
> There is a use of the word "recommended" that is not
> capitalized.  I don't know if this is a 2119 use and
> if so if it should be capitalized.
>
> ----
>
> Section 3.1, Change controller (page 8) reads:
>
>  The XML specification is a work product of the
>  World Wide Web Consortium's XML Working Group
>
> If we were referring to the February 1998 version, the WG at
> that time was called the XML Working Group (though the document
> itself says the spec was a product of the XML Activity).  But
> given that the reference to the XML spec is to the 5th Edition,
> and that we are talking about the (supposedly current) change
> controller, I think you want to refer to the "XML Core Working
> Group" here.
>
> ----
>
> Section 3.3, Change controller (page 9)
>
> Ibid.
>
> ----
>
> Section 3.5, Change controller (page 10)
>
> Ibid.
>
> ----
>
> Section 5 Fragment Identifiers, second para, penultimate
> sentence (page 12) reads in part:
>
>  conformant applications MUST
>  interpret such fragment identifiers as designating that part of the
>  retrieved representation specified by [XPointerFramework] and
>  whatever other specifications define any XPointer schemes used.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but I cannot parse the last part of that sentence.

Assuming I'm guessing correctly, perhaps the following
would be a bit clearer:

  ...and whatever other specifications that define any of the
  XPointer schemes that are used.

-----

[Comment on new text]
Section 7. XML Versions, 2nd para, last sentence

There is a use of the word "may" that is not capitalized.

----

> Section 8.2, Change controller (page 16)
>
> Op. Cit. previous comment on Change controller.
>
> ----

[Comment on new text]
Section 9 Examples, 2nd para, end of parenthesized text reads:

   media types which to not enable its use

Presumably, s/to/do/

----

> Section 11, Security Considerations, first para, second
> sentence would be easier to parse with appropriately
> added punctuation, to wit:
>
>  These entities may contain--and recipients may
>  permit--explicit system level commands to be
>  executed while processing the data.
>
> ----
>
> Section 11, Security Considerations, very last "sentence"
> is not a sentence and does not contain a period (full stop).
>
> Perhaps insert at the start of the parenthesized text the
> phrase "Consider the case where" and insert a period before
> the close parenthesis.
>

> ----
>
> Section 12.1 Normative References, the [XptrReg] (last) reference.

And now also the [XPtrRegPolicy] reference.