Re: DOM4

Paul Grosso writes:

> I suppose someone should go through the list in section 10.2
> to see if any of the other deleted interfaces or interface
> members are also needed to support the Infoset.

You're right.  There's a bunch more there we need to look at/talk
about.

For example, althought the doctype attribute of the Document interface
is still there, it now contains only name, sysid and pubid --
entities, notations and internal subset are gone.  The Infoset doesn't
record all the i_s, but it _does_ include any PIs therein.

Not clear we can or should argue for preserving this, but we should at
least discuss it.

I don't have time today to review the rest of the proposed deletions,
but there are almost certainly some more we should look closely at.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk