Re: [Chris Maloney] [xsl] Chrome/blink developers discussing removing XSLT support

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 09:19:59PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Henry S. Thompson quotavit:
>
> > This thread within the "blink-dev" discussion for Chrome's new
> > rendering engine ... examines the possibility of removing support for
> > XSLT from the browser. If so, Blink would be the first major browser
> > to remove support:
>
> Since it is XSLT 1.0, that might actually be a Good Thing.  People who want
> in-browser XSLT rendering should be using Saxon-CE anyway.

  Urgh ... at least libxslt can be embbeded in the browser code,
now if you expect people are gonna allow Java extensions to be able
to run XSLT based pages, I think you are wrong, if designers feels they
will be relying on a general interpreter to have their design work
they will just drop any XSLT construct and directly use Javascript
equivalents.

Daniel