Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 October 3

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 09:48:40PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 08:31:40AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
[...]
> > I can totally sign up for saying that parse must be "xml", "text" or a
> > MIME content type.
>
>   I would love that too. It just raise some extra work:
>     - change the production for the attribute value (reference to
>       an adequate RFC or internal new productions)
>     - clarification of unadequate value for parse still being a
>       fatal error.
>     - proper references added (is that IETF or IANA I can't remember)
>     - maybe close a potential loophole stating that text/plain
>       is equivalent to text and the XML mimetypes are equivalent to
>       "xml"
>
>  I'm sorry, I'm on vacation, on an island, the power actually went off
> and I'm running out of battery, and the call is at 11:30pm ... I may
> miss the call, sorry about that, as I really want to get back to an
> active status on the group !

  BTW If I miss the call which looks more and more likely, proxy to the
chair as usual, and I'm not opposed to publish a WD even if the above
would be IMHO an improvement. I will let Norm decide what is best in
the situation :-)

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/