Re: XInclude questions--copying attributes

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 17:46 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Wouldn't it be more practical to allow override root attribute on
> inclusion?
+1

If I say, include foo.xml but with socks="black", and foo.xml sets socks
to white, I clearly want black socks in the result. Or, SVG
width="500"...

I.e. I'd suggest giving precedence to the document being processed.

Of course one can come up with cases where the opposite is wanted, but
there's always XSLT for the cases not covered...

What are Jirka and I not understanding? :-)

Liam