RE: XPointer Framework doesn't reference the XPointer Registry

Registry

> On 19 Oct 2011, at 11:46 AM, Grosso, Paul wrote:
>
> > Ian,
> >
> > It has been pointed out [1] that the XPointer Framework Rec [2]
> > has no reference to the XPointer Registry [3].  This isn't
> > really surprising given that the registry didn't exist when
> > the Rec came out, but it has been said that people now expect
> > the XPointer Framework spec to have such a reference.
> >
> > The XML Core WG is loath to reopen the XPointer Framework Rec
> > (note that it was never our document, it was produced by the
> > now closed XLink WG), and we are wondering if it would be possible
> > to edit the spec in place to add a reference to the XPointer
Registry
> > from the SOTD of the Rec.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Yes, we can do that. Please propose text on webreq@w3.org and we will
> do something like this:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Views-20001113/
>
> Please cc me as well. Thanks!

WG, please comment on the following proposed text to be added
(as a yellow-shaded paragraph) within the SOTD just preceding the
"Public comments on this Recommendation are welcome" paragraph:

Document Status Update 2011-10-xx: This paragraph is informative.
On 18 November 2005 an _XPointer Schemes Registry_ was approved for
public use under the terms of an _XPointer Scheme Name Registry Policy_.

with the two obvious links.