Re: xml-model in SC34

Grosso, Paul wrote:

> I note that the layout and organization of
> http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1437.pdf
> isn't the same as our WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-xml-model-20100415/
>
> Am I correct that the content is effectively identical?

Yes. ISO publishing guidelines require little bit different ordering of
document components. But I produce ISO version automatically from
xmlspec version using simple XSLT stylesheets. So there is no risk of
unintentional divergence in specs.  (I'm attaching the stylesheet so you
can see what changes are made.)

> How will someone looking at this ISO spec know that it
> is identical to our WG Note?

In the foreword there is written:

"This part of ISO/IEC19757 is being jointly developed by W3C and ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC34. The technical content of this
specification and that of [XML-MODEL] is expected to be identical."

[XML-MODEL] reference points to WG Note:

"[XML-MODEL] Associating Schemas with XML documents 1.0 (First Edition),
P. Grosso, J. Kosek. W3C, April 2010.
Available at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-model/>"

> In short, we effectively want our publicly available and
> web-referenceable WG Note to be the public equivalent of
> the (not publicly available and referenceable) ISO standard.
>
> Have we achieved this?

I think that yes as a real technical content of both documents is the same.

    Jirka