Re: some AssocSS comments on the latest draft

Grosso, Paul writes:

> Simon writes

>> "Editorial note: HST	2010-02-24
>> Addresses holman-1
>> . . .
>> I don't see how this addresses his comment.

I've changed the draft in a way which I think encorporates something
very close to your suggestion.

>> > ACTION to Henry:  Delete the final sentence of the body
>> > (done) and craft Appendix B.

Done.

>> > ACTION to Henry:  Provide a rationale for making this
>> > a second edition.

Still pending, will be outside the draft.

>> "Editorial note: HST	2010-02-24
>> Addresses kay-3
>>
>> The value is advisory in that it must be ignored if the referenced
>> stylesheet itself provides character encoding information, either
>> explicitly via an HTTP header, or implicitly via its media type, as in
>> the case of XML documents."
>>
>> I think this should be made non-normative (e.g. s/must/will likely/ or
>> similar), since we agreed to not have processing requirements on
>> pseudo-attribute values.
>
> I think I tend to agree that we should avoid "must" terminology here.

Hmm.  We should discuss this -- I think the XML spec. itself requires
us to say MUST here.

>> "Editorial note: HST	2010-02-24
>> Addresses taylor-2
>>
>> [Definition: The string matched by PseudoAttValue in the PseudoAtt
>> production — after any CharRefs and PredefEntityRefs are replaced with
>> the
>> characters they represent and with the start and end quotes removed —
>> constitutes the value of the corresponding pseudo-attribute.] Each
>> CharRef
>> in PseudoAttValue is replaced with the character it represents
>> according
>> to XML [XML]. Each PredefEntityRef in PseudoAttValue is replaced with
>> with
>> U+0026 (&) if it is "&amp;", U+003C (<) if it is "&lt;", U+003E (>) if
>> it
>> is "&gt;", U+0022 (") if it is "&quot;" and U+0027 (') if it is
>> "&apos;"."
>>
>> The definition doesn't place any requirements, it just defines a term
>> (maybe we should make this clearer by saying "...after being modified
>> as
>> follows" instead of listing how it's modified). So the processing
>> hasn't
>> actually changed. We need to insert a sentence after the definition,
>> something like: "The first and the last character (i.e. the quotes) in
>> PseudoAttValue are removed."
>
> I'm not sure I agree that changing a definition doesn't change
> processing requirements, but I will leave such wording decisions
> up to the editors for now.

I've tried to take Simon's suggestion. . .

>> The references section has "(Non-normative.)" and "(non-normative)"; we
>> should probably change one of those.

Done.

ht
- --