Re: First Editors' draft of XML Stylesheet PI 2e

Grosso, Paul writes:

> Given that this is just a second edition of an existing spec,
> why is the Abstract text so different?  Why can't the Abstract
> text for the 2nd Ed be the same as that in the first?

Good point, no reason at all, my bad, I was just filling in gaps in a
hurry to get something out. . .

> In section 3, under "the following conformance classes", why
> is "Documents" a definition, but none of the other are?

Because it's referenced from elsewhere.

> I'm generally confused by the structure of this section.

Hmmm.

> As an editorial suggestion to improve clarity, I'd say:
>
>  Such specifications must not modify the parsing rules defined
>  in the _processing instructions with pseudo-attributes_ section
>  of this specification.

Yes.

> In [3], the quoting is confusing.  I'm not sure what """ means.
> Perhaps it is supposed to be '"'.  Also, some forced line breaks
> within that production might make it easier to eye-parse.  I'm
> assuming it is supposed to be identical to production [3] in the
> First Ed except for PICharRef in place of CharRef, but it's hard
> to tell.

This is going to change anyway, but I'll see about improving the layout.

> Re productions [1] and [6], we had said (in the email thread referenced
> from issue 15 in our issues document):
>
>  We didn't want to change production [1] because there may be references
>  out there to it.  What we are trying to do is add a production for just
>  the PI contents that can be referenced by specs that wish to do so without
>  invalidating existing references to production [1].
>
> What happened with that idea?

I blew it, will fix numbering.

ht
- --