Re: Bad news wrt stylesheet pi in internal subset

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 18:31:46 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> Personally, I tend to prefer to say that PIs in the internal subset are
> not to be interpreted as xml-stylesheet PIs (i.e. what the current draft
> says), but I don't feel strongly about it.

I just found out that DOM Core does not represent PIs in the internal
subset at all, other than in the internalSubset attribute which just
returns a DOMString. PIs in the external subset are not represented at all
in the DOM, even if the XML processor opted to process the external subset.

This poses a problem for implementations that implement xml-stylesheet on
top of the DOM; they would have to make changes to the underlying API in
order to be able to process PIs in the internal and external subset.

I think it should be possible to implement xml-stylesheet on top of an
off-the-shelf DOM Core implementation.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software