RE: Assoc SS issue list

Thanks, Simon.

I have added your preferences as notations to the document.
Let me know if I've misinterpreted anything.

A few comments within.

Actually, I meant that too, so I've reworded that one.  I didn't use
2119 wording yet, but I expect we will when we get to actual wording.

> For 5, I prefer g.
>
> For 6, I prefer b.
>
> For 7, I prefer a.
>
> For 8, I prefer b. (We should say that it's equivalent to
> 'application/xml'.)
>
> For 9, I prefer a.
>
> For 10, I prefer b or c.iv. (We use MQ for CSS but ignore media=""
> altogether for XSLT.)
>
> For 11, I prefer a or b.iv. (Note that b.1 is already covered in Web
> addresses.)
>
> For 12, I don't mind a. (For CSS we would want to reflect updates, but
> for
> XSLT we ignore updates.)
>
> For 13, I don't mind a.
>
> For 14, I don't mind a.
>

> Another issue that I've maybe forgot to mention: we should change
> production [1] to only include the processing instruction's *data* and
> not
> the leading "<?xml-stylesheet " or trailing "?>". Why? For two reasons:
>
>    1. Allow reuse of the syntax for other specs (e.g. XBL2).
>    2. An xml-stylesheet processor in reasonable implementations does
> not
> see the original character stream but instead a ProcessingInstruction
> object from the XML parser with a 'target' and a 'data'. (Actually when
> using DOM Core methods there is no character stream or XML parser
> involved
> at all.)
>
> The production would instead be something like
>
>     [1] PIData ::= PseudoAtt? (S PseudoAtt)* S?
>

> Then we could also remove the check for "?>" in the value in production
> [3].

I've added that to the document.

paul