Re: AssocSS issue 15

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:22:26 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:

> [...]

This can be solved by using (S PIBody)?

> and <?xml-stylesheet ?> used to
> match production [1] and [1a] as Henry writes above but would no
> longer match my suggestion productions [1] and [1a].

This can be solved by using PseudoAtt? (S PseudoAtt)* S? (as I suggested
in the earlier email).

> On the other
> hand, neither of those PIs are syntactically valid xml-stylesheet PIs
> anyway because the href pseudo-attribute is #REQUIRED,

It is not per the errata. :-)

> so it doesn't
> bother me that they no longer are matched by productions [1] and [1a].
>
> Henry (and others), what do you think?

I don't understand the usefulness in having a production for the full PI
as opposed to just the PI's data, since the XML spec gives the production
for PIs in general, and since xml-stylesheet implementations will likely
be on a layer above the XML parser and as such will just see the PI's
target and data and not the source text.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software