Re: AssocSS issue 15

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:25:31 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> Without hearing any advice from Henry on how to proceed, I've gone ahead
> and produced a draft this morning based on the consensus documented in
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/06/assocss-issues.htm
>
>     http://simon.html5.org/specs/xml-stylesheet

A colleague pointed out to me that using CharRef could make the Legal
Character well-formedness constraint be interpreted as an actual
well-formedness constraint, so I've fixed that by introducing a new
production instead of using CharRef:

    [5] PICharRef ::= '&#' [0-9]+ ';' | '&#x' [0-9a-fA-F]+ ';'

    A PICharRef has the same semantics as a CharRef in XML, except that
    Legal Character is not a well-formedness constraint. User agents must
    replace the PICharRef in the pseudo-attribute's value with the character
    it represents according to XML had it been a CharRef, except if the
    character being referred does not match the production for Char in XML,
    in which case the processing instruction must be ignored. [XML]

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software