Re: Transition Request: (2nd) PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

On Monday, March 17, 2008, 4:05:34 PM, Richard wrote:

>> Well, thats a far cry from what Martin said. Since the primary
>> places SVG, for instance, uses IRIs is XLink (15 or so elements are
>> XLink simple links) and the other places are XML Base and ... erm,
>> can't think of any others, that means they are **all** LEIRI.

RT> Why does SVG need to talk about the LEIRIs in XLinks and xml:base
RT> attributes?  (Rather than just talking about the XLinks and xml:base
RT> attributes themselves.)

RT> If it does, and refers to them as IRIs, it won't be any more or less
RT> wrong after XLink and XML Base switch to referring to LEIRIs, since
RT> they are *already* LEIRIs, just not so-named.

Thanks, Richard. It does indeed currently refer to them simly as IRIs, and points to RFC 3987 for the definition. It does also normatively refer to XLink; but it also says what the type of the attributes are rather than "they are whatever Xlink says" because, for one thing, we have a DOM while XLink does not specify one.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG